CSDAC Tours & Excursions
Our excursions and trips have attained legendary status among our friends and members. We travel throughout Europe visiting places off the beaten track or organize an excursion to do something different. A great number of our travel activities have a transatlantic aspect, e. g. emmigration to North America, art, music, historic events etc.
The Carl Schurz German-American Club shows its members a good time and fosters friendships among the members at the same time. Curious? Contact us for more information! Contact >>
Our Trips in 2017
Trip to Hohenloher Land from 2017-06-19 to 2017-06-23
Hohenloher Land lies in northeastern Baden-Wurttemberg. The region is a constant reminder that romanticism is not an ideal from yesteryear. Moreover, the unspoiled countryside with its lush meadows, intact woodlands, wisely cultivated fields and well-kept vineyards as well as carefully manicured medievil towns, villages, castles and palaces appeal to all senses, to the heart and the soul. From our base in Hotel Schloss Döttingen we will visit the Würth art collections in Schwäbisch Hall und Künzelsau, explore the wonderful countryside with its rich cultural heritage and enjoy the culinary specialties the region has to offer.
Here are some of the highlights this trip has in store:
- Guided tour through the four main art exhibition centers, where the collections of Reinhold Würth are on permanent display: Kunsthalle Würth and the Johanniterkirche in Schwäbisch Hall as well as the Museum Würth and the Hirschwirtscheuer in Künzelsau.
- Guided tour of the Herrgottskirche in Creglingen with its magnificent High Altar of Saint Mary (Marienaltar) designed by master sculptor Tilman Riemenschneider and Matthias Grünewald's Stuppacher Madonna in the Mariä Krönung parish church in Bad Mergentheim. The spiritual sojourn will be rounded off with a tour of a local organ builder.
- Tour of the picturesque Welkersheim Renaissance Palace with its splended appartments and Baroque gardens, as well as a guided tour through the Deutschordensmuseum and the Mörike Kabinett special exhibit.
- Strolls along the Waldenburg and Kirchenburg Großcomberg with grand views across the Hohenloher Land. A meal of local specialties rounds off this part of our tour.
- Tickets to a concert in a local municipal or parish church or other location in the area (projected).
We will travel by coach from Bremen to our base in Braunsbach. On our way there we will pick up the other half of our group of travellers near Hannover/Celle. Our three-star Hotel Schloss Döttingen will be our hub for our excursions to and through Hohenloher Land.
Tjalda von Arnswaldt, Freundeskreis Kulturreisen GmbH
12– 30 guests
€ 615.00 per person, double occupancy, single-room surcharge € 78.00 per person
Carl-Schurz Deutsch-Amerikanischer Club e.V.
Tel.: +49 421 30 24 24 • Fax: +49 421 17 10 29